Soldering finished !
After some mistakes will it work ? Quite a bit nervous !
HURRAY it works and sounds fantastic !
That motivates a lot !!!
Got new assignment from Modular 101 course: need to make a piece of music with some motion and evolution to it.
Just am not very creative at the moment, missing sparkling ideas, but NEVER GIVE UP ! 😉
I made a big mistake here:
Mixed up IC sockets and went crazy cause could not find where to put some component.
My apologies go to Dmitry, owner of SSSRLabs, for saying there is a mistake with the kit.
Had to un-solder and replace the IC socket – took quite some time but got it done !
And finally I lost a capacitor …
Many, many thanks for your patience Dmitry!
Current state of work on the SM042 Kotelnikov kit. Another evening and hopefully it is done and WORKS !
New kit arrived: Sonic-Potions Penrose Quantizer
Still looking for a better Function Generator, Digital Multimeters, NF Millivoltmeter and other audio measure instruments. A HAMEG 205-3 Oscilloscope is on its way.
Am a bit lost at the moment. My job consumes pretty much of my time and leaves tired and un-creative afterwards.
But the show must go on !
Got a lot of work to do in my job with quite some responsibilty.
A bit unlucky last few days concerning audio stuff.
An IC socket was missing from the Kotelnikov kit so had to wait till a box with sockets arrived yesterday. Now I can go on.
Still no clue why the Rebel Technology Stoicheia does not work 100%. Have to wait for an oscilloscope. Easier to follow the signal path.
Bought a sec hand oscilloscope, coming home it did not work properly, was quite a bit frustrating. At least got an agreement with the seller who refunded half of the price.
Had a hard time to find another at a good price asap. Hopefully arriving next week and praying that it really is properly working.
Worked on new patches but nothing really worth to share yet.
Next kit is waiting: SSSRLabs SM042 Kotelnikov.
Ready to go !
It took only 3 hrs concentrated work on Sunday to finish the Rebel Technology Stoicheia module kit. Made a mistake with one poti, where a leg was bent. But could resolve it.
I built in a case, connected and was frustrated as it did not to work. I checked everything again and again, re-connected, tried and tried again.
Finally with right patching I realized it works just the LEDs do not ! So for the moment I leave it like it is, but definitely come back to it and check.